Tuesday, November 4, 2008

HE REALLY DID IT! Dr Martin Luther King, you can now rest in PERFECT PEACE!...


AMEN! THE AMERICAN VOICE HAVE SPOKEN! AND THEY SHALL BE HEARD! YES HE CAN....AND HE sure as heck DID!

A new age has dawned on America this 4th day of November....YES, ladies and gents, lets welcome our 44th president, MR PRESIDENT & FIRST LADY, BARRACK & MICHELLE OBAMA!...

I take this moment to calmly and joy fully reflect on this past year and years in American history, being broken down to this one day...I sit here desperately holding back tears...not yet sure if it is real or a dream...I now realize who my heart has always been with...Mr Obama, you stole my heart...and I'm only now admitting it! you have fought one LOOONG HARD BATTLE...but you know...the battle has ALWAYS been the Lords....men! Michelle honey, if I were you right now, i WOULD come apart at the seams...God help you!

Dr Martin Luther and all the rest who have fought long and hard...all you guys can now stop turning in your graves..even if for a minute...centuries of black being dirt, not fit enough for the American people, has now seen one of ours...a true African-American...sit on its highest throne....

From this day on...NOTHING, i say NOTHING is impossible..."its been a long time coming...but tonight...change has come through America" --President Obama
I can sit here, in my living room, watching history, and determine that I will work harder...harder than i've ever done before...mediocrity is NOT an option... Mr President, you have given me room to dream and dream big, you have inspired many young and old....you have inspired many a soul...and for that God bless ya! YOU DESERVE IT...

"but even as we celebrate tonight....we know the challenges tomorrow brings...the road will be long...the climb will be steep..but I promise you the American people...we WILL get there"

P.S: Now God PLEASE keep him safe...his wife and his two beautiful daughters..protect them from evil prying eyes...AND ABOVE ALL give him Solomons wisdom to rule this great nation...in the fear of the Lord..

4 comments:

sheyrocks said...

It's one heck of a feeling isn't it. As of now, no one, and I mean no one can tell me what I can or cannot do. Right now, no limitation you try to set on me can hold me back, right now, this moment, my heart hurts, and it's because it's about to burst with pride and joy. AND GLORY BE TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST, we were here, we saw this. In our generation, we did it. They accused us of apathy, they told us we were worthless, they looked at us as the future and shook their heads in dissapointment. They didn't know, now they know. This is affecting change, Ms. Parks, Dr. King, all who came before and after, they were a blessing. My God, from MLK to Obama.
Wow, just wow.

(btw this Wanjira, I blog too.)

Dulce said...

Happy times are here - History has been re-written!
May God keep him safe.
xxx

Banyangi girl said...

Ms Kenya ur damn right...it is one heck of a feeling...its a feeling of extreme joy in which no physically expression can fully do it justice...it is a feeling of PRIDE and JOY indeed!..all i can just do is sit here in silence but hear the thousand words that have been spoken by this one moment...the many tears that have been shed for this one day to come..the uncountable souls that have crossed over yonder fighting injustice...I sit here and remember MLK...the Three little girls...MY people they turned into slaves...and lastly I sit here and look at my color and for the first time...BLACK IS GOLD! BLACK CAN NEVER ANY MORE BE A LIMITATION...BLACK IS GOOD ENOUGH...EVEN FOR THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA...BLACK IS FINALLY GOOD ENOUGH EVEN FOR THE WHITE MAN! This is just the beginning of a new day...A day when I can no longer be ashamed of being AFRICAN,STRAIGHT OF THE BOAT if you want to put it that way...HECK YEA I'm straight of the boat! SO WHAT? MY Presidents papa,the president of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA'S PAPA was also straight of the boat! but that didn't stop his son from rewriting American History...GOD all the years of slavery...racism...segregation...we can now see a light in the tunnel...how ever dim... The road ahead is still long, it WILL be hard, it will be hard, but now there is HOPE! MAY THE DEAR LORD KEEP HIM SAFE INDEED!

Anonymous said...

"...AND ABOVE ALL give him Solomons wisdom to rule this great nation...in the fear of the Lord.."

my prayers exactly.